911 Front Sidemarker PCB Installation Instructions
The boards are plug-n-play.
The LED board will mount inside the lens, not the light cavity.
A red wire is coiled behind the board. This PCB is a fully functional turnsignal. The red wire is the turnsignal wire. If connected to 12V, it will light the LEDs very brightly. Thus this PCB can be configured as a side-turnsignal by connecting the red wire to the vehicle's turnsignal wire. Rewiring the vehicle turnsignal is the responsibility of the owner.
1. Unscrew the screws from sidemarker lens and pull the lens out
2. Remove the bulb and OEM diffuser in the sidemarker lens. The OEM diffuser should pop out with a little bit of effort.
3. The PCB is mounted in the lens. If desired, Insert the supplied diffuser.
4. With included 7/64 in. allen head tool, loosen 4 securing clips until the alignment post is flush with the circuit board.
5. Position LED board in the lens. Work the clips inward to clear the lens sides until the board falls in place. Be patient; the board will fit inside the lens. The PCB should be parallel with the top lip of the lens.
6. Once seated in the lens, use your fingers to position the board evenly side to side.
7. Tighten the 4 securing screws by screwing each one a turn or 2 at a time, like you would wheel lug nuts, until the screws are taut. Very little pressure is needed on each screw to hold the clips in place. Do not overtighten.
8. Clean socket contacts and socket sides. LEDs do not draw much current and can be affected by even a small amount of oxidation and dirt on contacts.
9. Connect the pigtail to the cleaned socket. Test the running lights by wiggling the wire; if the LEDs flicker, clean the socket again and repeat this step.
10. If the LED doesn't light up and the bulb does, swap the wires going to the fixture. The wires may have been swapped at a previous time.
11. Install the lens + LED board such that the wires do not interfere with the lens-fixture gasket.
12. Tighten the lens screws and test the running lights.